Caring For Your Pet
Whether you've had companion animals your whole life or you've just rescued your very first, you may have questions about your pet's health, safety, behaviour, and training. We've compiled links to some comprehensive and easy-to-read resources to help you find the answers you need!:
- Animal Planet's CAT SOURCE
- Animal Planet's DOG SOURCE
- Bestfriends.org Pet Care Library (Covers a variety of companion animals, not just dogs and cats!)
- NS SPCA'S "Spaying and Neutering: The Responsible Choice"
Finding Help and Hope
PET Projects is committed to seeing pets stay with the people that love them. If you or someone you know is a pet owner facing tough times and in need a helping hand, we may be able to help as funds and resources are available. Here are some programs that we have available:
- Emergency Medical Care Subsidy: If your pet has an injury or illness and the treatment is out of your reach, apply here for financial assistance.
- Spay/Neuter Subsidy: Spaying and neutering is an important part of responsible pet ownership. If you have rescued a pet in Shelburne County and need financial help to afford this vital operation, apply here!
- Emergency Pet Food/Supplies: PET Projects has a supply of food and litter that we are happy to make available to rescuers and to owners in emergency situations. These are available through food banks in Shelburne County, or contact us to learn more.
- "Roof Over Rover": PET supporters and volunteers have donated supplies and time to build or refurbish dog houses, helping to make sure that canine companions have a safe and warm place to escape the elements when outdoors. Contact us if you or someone you know could benefit from this service.
Is there another way we can help? We'll do our best --- let us know!
Sometimes it is in an animal's best interest to find a new forever-family. If you or someone you know needs help finding a home for a pet, visit our Finding Homes for Homeless Pets section.